Friday, October 5, 2012

introducing...

So those who know me well, know that I have a certain amount of trepidation around dogs. They make me a little nervous. Not all of them, but many. I have told people, in the past - 'you'll know I am in love, if I get a dog.'

Well - I fell in love with a dog-lover. And my dog-lover, so desperately wanted a dog... and we talked about it, and debated it, and talked about it... We weighed the positives and the challenges and decided, okay - we'd get a dog.

Here again, we had a new adventure. Puppies are more work, without a doubt, but they're also impossible to be nervous of. I mean, they're bumbly and funny, and just SO cute. My dog-lover though has a super large soft-spot for dogs that need some love, those who have had rough starts and need a good home and a bit older. Again, they're super cute - but I felt a bit more nervous, they were bigger and felt somewhat unpredictable...

We have made quite a few visits to the Edmonton Humane Society, and spent hours chatting with, petting, and getting to know different furry friends. After a bit of heartbreak (with puppies getting adopted by other people, before we had fully made up our minds or started the process) yesterday, we came home with a new addition to our family.

So...

 Meet Sitka. She apparently needs to meet a bunch of people and dogs this month - to help her grow up to be a pretty chill little fluff. So, if you want to meet a puppy - she's something sweet. 

Cute as a button, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment